Thursday, March 5, 2009

My husband hard at work!


Many of the flower starts are ready the transplant. The work begins...although fun work! My husband gets the pots all filled with soil first and gets a stock pile going.


Here he is transplanting petunias. I am growing several kinds and colors so we have to make sure to label them well because they all look alike!



It is easiest to wait until the plugs are full of roots, because then they easily slip out of their squares. Otherwise they are very delicate and it takes longer because you are trying not to break roots, etc.


He transplanted 720 plugs this morning! We look back at the heating beds and it seems like we didn't even make a dent! There will be many more plants to come! Hope we have enough room in the greenhouse. I figured out ahead of time how many flowers I could fit, but then I planted one more plug tray here, one more there, plus some additional veges. We will have to get creative!



Here is the Dramm watering head and wand I was telling you about in the earlier post. See how I turn it upside down....waters a lot more delicate but you still get a great amount of water. It will allow me to water everything so much faster this year. What I used last year just didn't cut it.


Sometime I should write all the different kinds of flowers I am growing so you all know. Hopefully on the next post I will do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment