Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Progress

These pictures were taken at the Yard Garden and Patio Show. Isn't it amazing what people can do with flowers!? I thought this was so beautiful. I'm not sure which local nursery it was that put it together but one of the ones around here. I am just so impressed how creative people can be.




The petunias in the hanging baskets are growing fast! They will fill the top of the basket before I know it. I still have them sitting on benches so I can be careful on my watering. Once the roots have filled more of the pot (which I think should be soon), I will hang them up and use the drip. Before I hang them, I will give them a trim so I get more branching of the plant.

I think it will take some trial and error to decide how I will use the drip...amounts of water, frequency, etc. I still need to buy a clock, so I can have the drip irrigation go on and off automatically. Need to get that done in the next 2 weeks! Soon I will have more cuttings come and I will need all the table space I can get for the 4" pots!!!

Newly transplanted Snapdragons and Gaillardia Mesa Yellow. I never did show a picture of them growing on the heating mat in the propagation tray but if you look at my old posts from last year, it's the same idea.


Also I have terracotta color hanging baskets. When I first picked the mocha basket color, I really thought I would like the mocha color better, but I think the green plants with the terracotta color have a beautiful contrast. I think the terracotta has won me over! :) Mocha will probably more easily go with any house color though. Guess it's your choice what you will like best! :)

We just tore out a cement loading dock here. All the gravel, plus the old rusty bicycle were inside of it! We are thinking we may build a greenhouse here sometime and use it to sell out of. We'll see what the future holds! :)

And this below is just a picture of the flowers in front of our office. It just cheers me up whenever I walk by. I love color!

Anyway, if there is any questions you have, feel free to leave a comment. It's always fun knowing there is people reading the blog!

Hope you are all enjoying the daffodils and tulips!

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading! I don't have any questions though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly! :)
    I also meant to ask in the post if there is anything else people want to know about that I'm not talking about....I'm open to suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks for sharing the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erin...
    I looking forward to this summer and the flowers you will be growing!!! I too enoy watching the progress as its happening ♥ Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your ENTHUSIASM is bubbling over! It is nice to see. When you love flowers, it is hard not to get excited when Spring arrives and Summer is just around the corner. Have fun!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete